One of our go-to recipes in our house is Taco Soup. I thought I would share our recipe.
- 1 Can of Kidney Beans
- 1 Can of Pinto beans
- 1 Can of Black Beans (really any beans in any amount will do)
- 1 lb of cooked ground beef
- 1 can of corn (not drained)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (you can also add this to the meat if you want)
- Liquid to make it soup. Either tomato juice, chicken stock, or do not drain the beans (probably about a cup, more if you like more liquid, less if you want it more like a dip or salad)
Brown the ground beef and drain. Then, combine all the ingredients in a big slow cooker. Let simmer for at least an hour on low. I suggest 4-8 hours, this isn’t necessary but if you let a soup meld for awhile it will taste better.
Serve with sprinkled on shredded cheese (we used a Mexican blend) and crushed tortilla chips. Add sour cream and/or avocado if you like it creamy.
This recipe is perfect for us because it really can be adapted any way you like. Sometimes instead of hamburger, we use chicken. I typically just grab whatever beans I have. You can add in peppers or salsa. You can add in more liquid or less. You can change the seasonings. You can even add rice.
Taco soup is sure to be a quick go-to recipe in your family. I know it is in mine.
What is your easy recipe for dinner?